Last updated: May 15, 2014
Effective as of: May 15, 2014
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
* Information (such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, sex, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register and create an account as a user of the Site ("Account"), upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information
* When you fund a conservation project on the Site, we will collect information necessary to complete the donation, including your name, credit card information, and billing information.
* If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send a reply.
* The information you provide if you create an Account, such as your profile photo and any other information you choose to make public on your public profile page ("Profile").
* Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Service.
* Information that we collect via technology as set forth in the section titled "Technology" below.
* We may receive information from Facebook, Twitter, or another social networking site ("SNS") to make it easier for you to create an Account on our Site and show our relevant content from your Facebook or other SNS friends.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
Identify you when you sign into your Account.
Enable us to provide you with services.
Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us.
Administer your Account with us.
Enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Site.
Analyze the use of the Site and the people visiting to improve our content and the Site.
Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
* With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your personal information to do that work;
* In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
* We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
Your Information Choices and Changes
The Service allows donors to create Accounts using third-party services like Facebook and Twitter. Additionally the Service allows donors to access various social networking services ("SNS") such as Facebook, to interact with friends and to share Service related information. We never post any personal information to one of your SNS without your permission.
We use various technologies to enhance your experience on our Site. Cookies are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer's hard drive while you are viewing the website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users' personal information.
Donors Outside of the United States
WikiPop recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. This Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. WikiPop does not target its Services or this Site to children under 13. WikiPop does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
We may use small text files called cookies to improve overall Site experience. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Cookies generally do not permit us to personally identify you.
The Site may track the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, browser type, and IP addresses, and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable information. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users' movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may provide your personally identifiable information and the data generated by cookies and the aggregate information to the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us in providing our Services to you. Such third party entities may be obligated to use your personally identifiable information solely to provide the services to us. We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or in cooperation with any governmental investigation. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to any company or organization except we may transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which WikiPop participates or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of WikiPop' assets to which this Site relates.
We may employ procedural and technological security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. WikiPop may use encryption, password protection, and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while WikiPop uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Correction/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
WikiPop provides you with the ability to review, correct and delete any of your user profile. Information you post in other areas of the Site cannot be deleted. If you wish to review or correct any profile information you have provided to us, you may submit a request to us at the contact email below or access your account online. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site, such as in the creation of your Profile, becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information through these public venues.
Questions and Concerns